We are pleased to announce the first annual ‘Scare Me Silly” Halloween Photo contest! Entrants have a chance to win a combined 10,000 Lindens in prize money!
Below are the details of the contest:
Next month is Halloween and to get everyone in the mood, we are pleased to announce our “Scare Me Silly” Halloween Photo Contest!
- 1st Place – 5,000 Lindens, 1 double page ad
- 2nd Place – 3000 Lindens , 1 double page ad
- 3rd Place – 2000 Lindens, 1 double page ad
Guidelines & Rules:
Find a scary, dark, or Halloween themed location in Second Life. If you are stumped try the following locations in the destinations guide:
Once you choose your locations, start snapping!
**Please be respectful of covenants and sim rules when visiting locations in Second Life. Check with owners or managers to ensure that you have permission to take photos in any location**
- All photos have to be posted in the official Sare Me Silly Flickr Group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/scaremesilly/
- You are allowed 3 submissions total
- When posting your photos please use the following naming convention:
- Scare Me Silly Photo Contest – Photo #1-Your SL Name (Do not use display names). Add a #2 or a #3 for the additional photos you wish to submit
- All photos must include the slurl of the in world Second Life location where you took the photograph
- All photos must be new and original. You can add the photo to other groups
- As it is a Halloween themed contest, gore, blood, guts, etc is ok
- Nudity is allowed if done in a non pornographic and non sexual way
- Editing via Photoshop, Gimp, or any other graphics tools is ok
- All photos must be your original work
- Judges will be independent of the contest and cannot enter this contest
- Judges will judge your photos on the following criteria:
- Incorporation of the location in your photos
You have until October 15 to upload your photos. Winners will be announced on October 31 via our website and on our social media sites. All winners will be contacted in Second Life and via Flickr messaging.