Windlight Magazine is pleased to announce our latest photo event: a New Year’s Photo Challenge, where you can win a share of a 5,000L’s prize pot! Below are details:
Official Flickr Group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/newyearsphotochallenge/
Start your New Years off with a photo challenge! This will be our first photo event of the new year! Details are below:
1st Place – 2,500 Lindens, 1 double page ad
2nd Place -1,500 Lindens
3rd Place – 1,000 Lindens
Guidelines & Rules:
Take a photo of yourself dressed to the “nines (formally)” for New Years. You can be with a group of people or a loved one or alone. Everyone does have to be formally dressed aka dressed to impress in the photo.
The setting can be at a New Years party, event, club etc anywhere in SL really as long as everyone is formally dressed.
Once you choose your locations, start snapping!
**Please be respectful of covenants and sim rules when visiting locations in Second Life. Check with owners or managers to ensure that you have permission to take photos in any location**
- All photos have to be posted in the official New Years Photo Challenge Group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/newyearsphotochallenge/
- You are allowed 3 submissions total
- When posting your photos please use the following naming convention:
- New Years Photo Challenge – Photo #1-Your SL Name (Do not use display names). Add a #2 or a #3 for the additional photos you wish to submit
- All photos must include the slurl of the in world Second Life location where you took the photograph
- All photos must be new and original. You can add the photo to other groups
- Nudity or adult behavior is not allowed
- Editing via Photoshop, Gimp, or any other graphics tools is ok
Judges will be independent of the contest and cannot enter this contest
Judges will judge your photos on the following criteria:
- Incorporation of the location in your photos
- Following of submission and guideline rules
You can submit photos from December 31, 2015 to January 2, 2016. We will use the date and time stamps that are used in Flickr, so check your time zones.